San Diego to sue Trump administration for releasing asylum-seeking families

image

San Diego County supervisors are reportedly planning to sue the Trump administration over the widespread releases of asylum-seeking families.

The county board voted on the decision during a closed-door meeting on Tuesday, two supervisors confirmed. It was not immediately clear on what grounds the lawsuit would be argued or when it would be filed.

Since late October, the U.S. has been releasing asylum-seeking families so quickly that they don’t even have time to make travel arrangements, merely giving them notices to appear in immigration court.

TRUMP SIGNALS SUPPORT FOR BORDER SECURITY DEAL AFTER MEETING WITH SHELBY

The families often end up in shelters run by charities and wear thin border town’s resources.

GET THE FOX NEWS APP

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lauren Mack said the agency doesn’t comment on pending litigation. Previously, the agency has said it has limited authority to detain families, referring to a 20-day cap on holding children.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Source: FoxNews

Leave a Reply